Our Wedding Day..COVID Style 5/30/2020

 Our happily ever after.

    Let's just say that planning our wedding during a worldwide pandemic was not exactly how we thought this was going to go. We got engaged May 19, 2019 on our two year dating anniversary in Times Square. I know how freaking adorable, right? We spent the day riding in a boat in Central Park, walking the store fronts of 5th ave. He took me to out to dinner, literally right in front of the Prometheus statue outside of Rockefeller. Then we went to see Time Square at night, where he got down on one knee and asked me to marry him It was absolutely perfect. 

    Fast forward to about 10 months later and about two and half months before our perfect day. The world shut down. We were an anxious hot mess. How were we going to have the wedding of our dreams when we weren't able to have all of our loved ones there with us? What do you mean we can't have more than ten people at our ceremony? We can't even have a reception? It was just endless days of a lot of "Are you kidding me?" and "What the hell". We didn't know what to do. We are both Catholic so we went to our church and asked what our options were. God knew what we were meant to have before we even did. Our priest reassured us that this was the way that we were meant to be married. Parents, siblings, and us. Simple. A love story as beautiful as ours (I can talk about that in another post) didn't need a big extravagant day. 

    Once Michael and I really starting working out all of the details everything just fell into place. A small get together at the church and a small dinner at my parents. As the days grew closer we both knew that this was meant to be. There were no last minute changes by venues, no family drama, no rushing around. It was almost too easy and calm. I didn't have any bridesmaids that day, just our seven year old daughter walked out before me. Then my Dad walked me down the aisle. I practically dragged him down the aisle because I was just so impatient and couldn't wait to marry the man of my dreams. We had our simple, 30 minute long church ceremony. We did photos afterward at our favorite park. We did however make a quick pit stop on our way to my parents house for McDonald's fries and drinks. If you knew me personally you would expect nothing less.  
    
    We got to my parents house and my parents and sisters had gone all out. They put up a party tent in the backyard with a long table decorated in beautiful flowers and candles. They brought the dining room chairs outside to seat everyone. We had salad, stuffed shells, roast beef, and potatoes. Just about everything you would have expected to have at a "real" reception. It was perfect. My mom even took the time to bake and decorate two small wedding cakes for us. My favorite cake (chocolate cake with vanilla frosting) had my parents wedding cake topper on it. Michael's favorite cake ( vanilla cake with vanilla frosting) had his parents wedding topper on it. That was one of the details that truly made this day feel like a Wedding day. 
    
    It was a simple day, but oh was it a beautifully perfect day. Everything we didn't know we even wanted. I wouldn't change a thing about this day. It is almost seven months later and we still feel like we are falling more in love with each other every single day. We did get to have a second wedding day on September 12, 2020 where we were able to have all of our loved ones there! Who gets to say that they had two wedding days for one marriage? Below I have some of my favorite pictures from both days!

The long table my parents and sisters set up. The wood is from a tree at my parent's cabin.
Our McDonald's   trip.

Our separate wedding cakes. Mine is on the left, Michael's on the right.
 

Our daughter Emily Mae




The photos below are from our September 12, 2020 reception!







Comments

Popular Posts